Simply put, Cloud Native is the future… Designed, built and delivered specifically for the cloud. This is as opposed to a system designed to live on a server and simply hosted in the cloud.
Cloud Native technology enables you to outsource and commoditise the infrastructure, allowing you to focus on delivering value added features instead of wasting valuable engineering time on hardware and infrastructure.
In the case of HUBmis we have done this with Google Cloud, a top tier infrastructure as a service (IaaS) provider that is globally available, but the data residency of the infrastructure is kept within Europe. Using the products provided by Google ensures we have a system which is:
- Designed to scale without issues but resilient to failure
- Code can be deployed quickly but rollback can happen fast
- Monitored to see issues before they reach our customers
- Is highly performant through various techniques such as load balancing, caching and is accessible from anywhere in the world
- The hosting is deployed via code and this means changes are implemented with zero downtime, are logged and rollbacks possible when required