WCBS Privacy & Cookies Policy
This website is operated by WCBS.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
WHO WE ARE
West Country Business Systems (Holdings) Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and any subsequent UK data protection legislation and we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, job title, payment details) when you register with us or purchase products or services from us. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website, sign up to newsletters, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- receive on their behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
Legal basis for processing your data
We may process your data because:
- we are legally obliged to e.g. to confirm your identity;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you to provide our products and services; or
- it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process personal data and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of monitoring customer relationships, sales and prospective sales and to provide historical reference for sales, support requests etc.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and/or customer requirements and interests;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
The main cookies that we use provide us with valuable data about our websites. These are completely anonymous, telling us information such as how many people have visited our websites and which pages are the most popular. This allows us to ensure that our websites are doing their job correctly and tells us what improvements can be made to help you use the sites.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Google Analytics. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information, please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information below.
Description of cookies
The below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
Name of cookie: Google Analytics
Owner: Google Inc.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s web page on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
To opt out of Google Analytics data use, you can do so at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- carry out our obligations arising from contracts between us (including processing orders, invoicing, providing support);
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud; and
- improve our services.
We would like to send you information by email and telephone about our own products and services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
We may send marketing emails to you as a business contact without your consent where we believe we have legitimate interests for doing so. Such emails will always give the option to unsubscribe from future communications.
WHO YOUR INFORMATION MIGHT BE SHARED WITH
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers who help us to provide our products and services;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above; and
- if we sell our business, in which case, customer and user information will be a transferred asset.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you; and
- we store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
All data that we hold about you is stored on secure servers within the United Kingdom or within the European Economic Area.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
You are responsible for ensuring that information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, these include the right to:
- find out how we process your data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- if we are relying on consent, you can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (including any direct marketing);
- if we are relying on legitimate interests for direct marketing, you can object to receiving such direct marketing;
- obtain a copy of the personal data we process concerning you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request. Once we have received the fee (if required) and verified your identity we will respond as soon as possible and in any event within one month.
- lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory body, the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) here https://ico.org.uk/. If you have a concern or complaint about the way we handle your data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance to allow us to investigate and resolve the matter as appropriate.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or find out more, please contact us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to DPO@wcbs.co.uk or write to us at West Country Business Systems (Holdings) Limited, Unit 7, Landmark House, Wirral Park Road, Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 9FR.